Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, my love

Isaac,

Time flies.

You are ONE...1...12 months!!!

We had a wonderful party with family from near and far.

I set up a photo shoot, and baked 2 sticky date puddings, and I baked an apple sauce spice cake for you. We didn't need the smash cake photo, but wanted to ring in the year with something mildly sweet (without sugar).









We celebrated your life along with Mommy and Daddy's accomplishment of surviving a very sleepless first year. We struggled with nursing, postpartum preeclampsia, anxiety, sleeping as you nap, and just giving in and cosleeping...and with that we all got sleep. I am so blessed and happy I listened to your needs instead of reading a book about you.

We have loved nursing so much that we continue to do it (into 16months and going strong)! I love your acrobatics, how you say "na na" when you want to nurse, and how much comfort it gives both of us. Daddy has told me recently he is very proud of me that we are able to continue nursing and loves the health and emotional benefits it gives you.

Isaac, you are now very interested in destroying stacks of toys (not stacking them yet). You are making more and more sounds, signing more often, walking, you love the outdoors, every minute you get we are outside (even in the bitter cold). I love to see you exploring and how you are soaking every interaction up like a sponge.

Each month you were above average on the growth charts, I never felt like I had a little baby due to you being in the 92%tile for height! Each developmental marker you hit right on cue, and sometimes you were ahead of the game, such as rolling over when you were 3 months old.

We continue to go to Thursday Moms group as we rotate houses. You have started to parallel play with the other kids. You love "Mama Brynn," and always want to cuddle with her as well. It's probably since we play with Brynn and Benjamin 2-3x per week.

But here I will spam you with more pictures from your party and Birthday month.

I am blessed!




 Great Uncle Robert, Grandpop, and Uncle Neal













You are obsessed with exploring Daddy's office




No comments:

Post a Comment